Thursday, May 21, 2015

Our Marriage - an INFJ and an ISTJ

Today I wrote in my http://meditationsofamormonmom.blogspot.com/ blog about marriage. Specifically about being married to a person with a very different personality type than I have and how we have come to appreciate each other's differences.

My husband is an ISTJ (Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, Judging) while I am an INFJ (Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging). True we are both introverts. We both can focus on what is of interest to us for long periods of time. That can be a challenge at times.
He can become completely focused on his businesses, finances, and building, while I can become absorbed with ideas, principles, and values. We have make the effort to spend time together and share each others worlds.

Also, we both like to have things decided. He likes all the little details planned out, and I want decisions made quickly. I make decisions based upon my values and he upon pure logic. Sometimes he slows me down and stops me from making a rash decision, and other times I help him see the whole picture so he can make a wiser decision.

Though he lives in the world you can see and touch and I live happily in the world of thought, we are united by our faith. We both are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons). Sharing our different abilities, we are able to help each other achieve our potential and achieve common goals.

I have written poems about living with our differences. See Of Telescopes and Microscopes and Opposites  at my blog http://sherryannestories.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment