Friday, June 9, 2017

INFJ Style of Fun

I know that to an SP the word "Fun" INFJ  (Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging) don't seem to fit, but we all have fun. We simply enjoy different things. What we enjoy very much relates to our personality.

An SP (Sensing Perceptive) is an action sort of person. They like to experience the world through their senses and without restraints.  From rock climbing to rock concerts, they enjoy the world around them, and the more action, noise, and laser lights the better.

I am a very sensitive INFJ. To me, the action fun of an SP is torture. One I went to a college football game in a large stadium. I sat there turning more and more pale as the SPs stomped and yelled. After several minutes, I fled clutching both my head and my stomach. Once home, I collapsed onto my couch and, immersed in healing silence, I tried to recover.

If the fast movement and vibrating speakers  that excite the SP send me running, the other way, what is "fun" to me?  What does a creative intellectual who also likes accomplishment do for "fun"? Just like everyone else, doing what comes easily for me is "fun".

I like things which give mental challenge; that require me to use my creativity to solve problems. Many board games require a great deal of creative problem solving, especially those where you role play settlers or someone else. Puzzles are  also "fun". Solving mysteries, working out problems, learning something new, going to a new place, reading or watching Fantasy and Science Fiction, writing, pondering the scriptures and ideas, research, learning new things, new cultures, museums, concerts, decorating, and designing are all things which allow me to use my creative intuitive abilities and are "fun".


I don't enjoy games where I have to memorize, or plan out a complicated strategy. I like games where I can quickly get the whole picture and respond to it at that moment. I enjoy games where there isn't any competition, and we work together to solve problems instead of against each other. Repetitive movement such as walking is a walking meditation for me where I can work out my thoughts. I especially enjoy hiking with one or two friends and being out in nature. This rests my soul.  Creative dance is also an experience I enjoy. Putting on some fun music and just moving with it, becoming one with it, is so relaxing.

I become very tired when I am out in the world surrounded by people and picking up all their emotions. I get tired constantly trying to help people. I love to help people learn and grow and become their best, but it also take a lot out of me and makes me tired (extroverting my feeling function). This is why withdrawing into the world of the mind where I can just be an intuitive rests me. I love people so much, but I must get away from picking up all their feelings for a while.

"Fun" for me is being just an intuitive. It is letting go of feeling responsible for everyone around me. It is recharging for a while to rest from giving out feeling energy to help others. It is coming back into balance. For me "fun" is enjoying a quiet and restful time by myself, or with a few close friends. What do you find "fun"?


No comments:

Post a Comment