Monday, April 27, 2020

Poems about my INFJ sense of mission

A Candle
by Cheryl Merrick

Most flames join
the blazing hearth fire 
adding to 
its merry warmth,

But a few choose 

solitary candlesticks
bringing light to even
the darkest night.

A Poet's Longing
by Cheryl Merrick

In a quiet room with a comfy chair
and large windows overlooking the world,
I found my poet's heart.

Within is a craving to experience 

the hours of intense focus,
and the exquisite beauty 
in the flashes of inspiration 
which connect me to the divine.


I long to be warmed 

by the energy of creating,
and to, at last, enjoy that tender moment
when I gently hold my new insight lantern high
filling it with light and hope,
then watch as it slowly rises 

to sparkle in the world's dark night sky.

Turning On My Light
by Cheryl Merrick

Long have I existed,
conforming to the pull
for momentary harmony,
mirroring back to others
what they wanted to see.

Dejected, I sulked
in this semi-darkness
longing for understanding
and for the approval 
to share my light.

Finally, recognizing that
darkness can not 
comprehend the light,
I resolve to be 
who I am and bravely

turn on My Light.

Soaring and Rocks
by Cheryl Merrick

Like a bird soaring
high above the ground,
I see patterns below me
and am warmed 
by the light from above.

Not built for rock moving,
I collapse in exhaustion
beside my the pitiful pile
-- my full day's work.

Having chosen the earth
where his strength is needed,
the powerful draft horse
sees my plight.

In a few hours he has
all my rocks neatly piled
where they need to be.

Satisfied with his accomplishment,
he listens to my tales
of the view from the sky. 



No comments:

Post a Comment